Sunday, January 3, 2016

Winter Break!

     It's amazing what can be accomplished over one break! As you all know, I was hired two days before the beginning of school, so I have never had a long time to sit down and plan out what I was doing. Often times, I would plan over the weekend for the whole week, or even the night before. I know, it's awful that I don't spend as much time lesson planning as I should, but the time just isn't there. When there's grading, conferences, meetings, and after-school activities going on, the amount of free time I have is very limited. I also have an hour drive to and from school, so two hours (if I don't hit any traffic) of every day is spent in the car. 
     Basically, this winter break has been an amazing stress-reliever. I've gotten so much work done for school, that I finally feel like I can breathe again! I found some amazing 4th grade resources for ELA on TPT, and can't wait to try them out. I'm hoping this will be a big leap in my success as a teacher, and my students will become more responsive to me as this trimester continues on. I have put in a lot of hard work this break to have some great, engaging, involved resources for my students, and I hope they love them and respond to them as much as I can imagine!
     I know this was a quick update, but I'm getting back to planning and enjoying my last day of break! Where has the time gone?!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment